Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
The role of the Global Business Development team is to work across the business to analyse, determine, and bring to market future markets and customer offerings. We analyze market trends, changes in customer preferences, and product capabilities to determine how best to meet Tesla’s mission of accelerating the transition to sustainable energy.
What to expect
The focus of this role will be to conduct analysis on the residential, commercial, and/or utility sector to prove out future trends in terms of energy use, and the products and customer offerings needed to serve these markets. With guidance from the sector leaders, the intern will be responsible for:
- Conducting a market size for a particular segment group
- Determining the key drivers of uptake for a new customer offer
- Working with the product team to determine how we meet the ideal customer offer
- Presenting the business case to the key business stakeholders – finance, sales, product and engineering
During this project, the intern will work with other teams across the business to seek their input and refine the offer.
- Currently pursuing a MBA, MS, or strong bachelor’s degree in economics/engineering
- Demonstrated and extensive analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and support hypothesis with data
- Ability to work across multiple teams to gain input and consensus
- Background in electricity and passion for sustainable energy (preferred)