Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
Tesla strives to make its cars the most fun possible; bringing video game experiences to the car helps increase that fun. In this incredibly rare opportunity to help build a video games platform, we are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to help enable the best video game content to be available in-car. Come put that industry experience to great use and help us build this platform.
Our goal is to set the bar for what video games in a car can be; much of this is uncharted territory having never been done before. We want to work with people who are excited by this goal and have the talent to deliver on it.
- Bellevue, WA
- Design, architect, implement and debug game platform interfaces and systems
- Rapid prototyping and ownership of fun in-car customer experiences
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/validation, and designers
- Communicate with game development and publishing partners
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Must be proficient in C++
- Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts
- Experience writing and shipping customer-facing code
- Willingness & curiosity to learn new technologies in any area of the stack: UI, Rendering, Core, Protocol, Server
- Experience shipping products in the video game industry
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance