Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
About the Team
Interns within the Video Production team will support the production of all video and photo assets created for Tesla. The Video Production team creates assets across all external Tesla channels, including social, web, events and general product content.
Your scope of work will be a combination of working with team members on productions both together and remotely, cross-collaborating with other Tesla department, and keeping team leads and stakeholders updated on project timelines.
The team intern is highly creative, a fast learner and has the ability to take an idea or concept and produce it both independently and with the team.
What to Expect
Internships within Video Content Production will be interdisciplinary in nature. This could include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Assisting on video & photo productions (camera operation, lighting, audio)
- Video & photo editing, assembling footage into a concept and editing based on feedback
- Participating in project brainstorms and conceptualization
- Working with tight deadlines, creative problem solving and adapting to sudden changes
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary.
- Ability to travel based on project needs
- Ability to operate a camera or relative equipment
- Experience in photo editing or video editing software
- Video and photo production experience highly recommended (RED, DSLR, Sony)