At Text IQ, we leverage state of the art unsupervised machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, and social network analysis to build AI for sensitive information. Our algorithms are used by the world’s most highly-regulated, Fortune 500 companies to identify latent risk in their data. To further support our corporate clients, we maintain strategic partnerships with leading, international law firms.
Text IQ is a rapidly growing, pre-IPO, global technology company. Founded in 2014 and backed by leading VC investors, we seek to transform the way enterprises manage and protect their data by building an AI platform that will understand any form of unstructured data. Today, we’re the leading AI platform for sensitive information with offices in New York City, San Francisco, Vancouver, and Cork, Ireland. We foster a dynamic, fast-paced, friendly work environment for our Text IQ family.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer Intern to join the Engineering team at Text IQ. Come work with a dynamic group of talented professionals focusing on revolutionizing AI and its applications.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Build our next-generation AI algorithm platform using industry-leading tools and frameworks
- Design and develop new and exciting AI-powered applications in mission-critical domains
- Improve and extend our complex distributed core data processing pipeline
- Create tools to automate and optimize processes across disciplines
We are looking for Teammates with the following qualifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Completion of at least year three (3) of undergraduate studies and one (1) internship, must be currently enrolled in an university
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented programming programming language: Java, C# or C++
- Ability to consistently deliver elegant, modular and scalable solutions in a timely manner
- Obsession with software quality, customer experience and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
We’d particularly love it if you have:
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with AI-powered products that utilize Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and scripting on Python
- Experience with distributed processing technologies: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- Knowledge of NoSQL database systems: MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Experience in system architecture and web application development
What we offer:
- High level of autonomy
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Text IQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.