Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions—such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare—to address U.S. requirements.
We are seeking to fill an Associate Electrical Engineer position located in our Aurora, IL Facility. This position reports to the Director of Engineering. This role is well suited for a highly motivated college graduate student interested in working with the Electrical Engineering Design team to perform hardware design, schematic capture, and design verification tasks primarily for our helmet-mounted display product line, with the potential for some motion tracking product line interfacing.
The health and safety of our employees is a top-priority at Thales Defense & Security, Inc. In order to provide the safest possible environment for our employees, their loved ones, our customers and the communities in which we do business, every employee is expected to do his/her/their part by getting vaccinated and following our safety protocols.
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401(k) program – up to 7% company contribution and 100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid wellness, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)
- Work within a multi-discipline engineering team and with senior electrical engineers to execute analog and digital design of helmet mounted display products.
- Design and optimize electrical circuits utilizing design and analysis development software tools.
- Build, bring-up, test and debug circuit designs utilizing engineering labs and test equipment including hi-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and power supply analyzers.
- Perform hardware and software integration, testing and debug at module, sub-system and system levels.
- Work closely with manufacturing and external suppliers to build prototypes and pre-production units and transition designs to full production.
- Generate fully detailed schematics and Bills of Material (BOMs) for projects.
- Constructively collaborate with PCB layout staff to implement schematics into realizable PCBs based on mechanical and electrical requirements.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- May be selected for work that requires ability to obtain and maintain US Secret Level Security Clearance.
- 0-2 years’ experience with BSEE or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Fluent in English.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build and maintain relationships with team members.
- Ability to comply with all Company guidelines, policies, procedures and embrace Company Core Values.
Preferred experience with the following:
- Basic knowledge of Analog and Digital Design fundamentals.
- Familiar with some or all of the following hardware classes: analog sensing, digital interfaces and communication, video signaling, CPU/microcontroller, FPGA, DC/DC power supply topologies.
- Familiar with some or all of the following circuit and hardware simulation and analysis tools including: PSpice, LTspice, Matlab/Simulink.
- Altium Designer experience a plus. Other tools such as Cadence OrCAD/Allegro, Mentor Graphics/DXDesigner acceptable.
- Familiar with formal Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process and tools.
For specific questions about this job posting, candidates may contact the recruiter at email@example.com.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. Thales is an E-Verify employer.
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 240-864-7630.