Thales Defense & Security, Inc. is a global company serving the defense, federal, and commercial markets with innovative solutions for the ground tactical, airborne and avionics, naval/maritime, and public safety and security domains. In addition to mission-critical communication systems, the company provides helmet-mounted displays and motion tracking technologies; SATCOM terminals; advanced sonar systems; and data protection solutions. Furthermore, the company serves as a gateway for technology, leveraging Thales-wide solutions—such as combat management systems; naval, airborne, and ground ISR; and electronic warfare—to address U.S. requirements.
- Competitive Salary
- Yearly Incentive Bonus Program
- Generous 401(k) program – up to 7% company contribution and 100% immediate vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid sick, vacation, and holiday leave
- Paid maternity, paternity, and parental leave
- 9/80 Work Schedule (every other Friday off)
- Serves as an Associate Engineer responsible for test and verification activities on assigned projects.
- Serves as a member of the team of engineers and technicians.
- Maintains, upholds, and improves on the project objectives and goals for subsystem and system testing as well as test automation.
- Maintains standards and procedures for testing; gains understanding of industry/DOD standards and best practices.
- Reviews system requirements and technical product/project specifications to assist in evaluating overall test objectives. Identifies and implements test configurations, including hardware, firmware, documentation, licenses, etc.
- Works with senior verification staff, system engineering, and development / support teams to gather program information; participates in the development and execution of test plans, and communicates ongoing progress and status.
- Participates in and assists with the identification, analysis, and documentation of issues, procedural problems, and inconsistencies in subsystem and system operation.
- Develops, executes, and maintains test software using LabVIEW test automation tools.
- Reviews all data/metrics obtained during testing activities to ensure consistency with the policies and procedures.
- Identifies and develops new approaches to solve problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Secret Level Security Clearance upon hire
- BS in related engineering discipline.
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems such as Linux or VxWorks, and languages such as C++, C, and CORBA.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Fluent in English.
- Ability to comply with all Company guidelines, policies, procedures and embrace Company Core Values.
Preferred but not required Qualifications:
- 0 – 2 years of related experience in:
- SW and System testing in embedded systems; preferred with background in RF / wireless / Software Defined Radio. Satellite communications experience is desirable
- Familiarity with test planning and execution, including test instrumentation / equipment (LabVIEW) and setting up test environments is a plus.
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, and Jama requirements & test management tool is desirable
For specific questions about this job posting, candidates may contact the recruiter at email@example.com