- Closing Date: 2-28-2021
- Job Family: Human Resources
- Department: Headquarters Facilities Department
Must be a current or graduated student in the past year to participate in this Internship.
This is a one-year internship commitment, candidates must be able to work 20-28 hours per week.
Hourly salary: $16 to 20 depending on experience
Headquarters Facilities Department ‘seek(s) to bring forth and establish the cause of Zion.
To assist Headquarters Facilities Department personnel in operational and project-related decisions regarding energy management at Church headquarters properties. Energy management initiatives help to provide responsible stewardship both in natural resources and financial savings. The Energy Management Analyst will track and analyze data and make recommendations to project managers, maintenance personnel, and facilities managers for the wise use of resources (water, gas, and electricity).
- Provides actionable intelligence by delivering economic analysis on identified lighting projects. This includes all capital project work and retrofit project recommendations surrounding lighting.
- Applies for all mechanical and lighting prescriptive incentives within the facility portfolio.
- Efforts may include creating the Revit lighting layouts for campus buildings.
- Supports the commissioning process on existing lighting controls.
- Ability to document and audit building spaces to determine current operating conditions. This includes (but is not limited to) taking stairs, walking for long periods of time, and getting in and out of mechanical rooms.
- Fills out utility incentive applications and quantifies the benefit of changing current processes and/or equipment to become more energy efficient.
- Work may include collecting data to develop energy and economic savings calculations using MS Excel.
– Must be a current student or graduated student in the past year to participate in this Internship.
– A junior, senior, or graduate level student in a recognized Engineering program is preferred.
– Other related, acceptable programs include: Facilities Management and Construction Management.
– Experience with Revit is preferred.
– Experience with facilities construction, and operation, and how these contribute to a utility bill, preferred.
– A basic understanding of how to read building plans (chillers, boilers, building envelope, lighting, PID).
– Able to take complex data and present it such a way that non-technical staff can understand.
– A self-motivated individual that has a desire to work in a highly collaborative team.
– Proficient with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote).
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.