The Daschle Group (TDG) is a boutique full-service strategic advisory firm with unique expertise and reach. Led by former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD), The Daschle Group provides strategic counsel, political intelligence, advocacy, and media consulting services to select clients with whom we collaborate to develop and implement strategies with a proven record of success.
TDG is looking for two or three undergraduate Public Policy Clerks for the Fall 2021 semester (September through December). This is a part-time, paid ($20/hour) opportunity where Clerks would be expected to work 2-3 days a week in both in-person and remote work settings. Your typical week at TDG will include political intelligence gathering, working closely with the TDG team, client projects, and ad-hoc research projects. The TDG team is a very friendly, teamwork-focused environment where you will get to learn and develop in a real-world, fast-paced work environment. You will be responsible for helping the TDG Team work with clients on a wide range of issues including foreign relations, trade, health care, public health, green energy, consumer technology, education, and human rights.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ+, and first-generation student applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. The deadline to apply for this position is August 6th and the role will start in early September.
– Current junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. Political Science, International Relations, Political Communication, History etc.)
– At least one form of relevant work experience (internship, part- or full-time work)
– Available 2-3 days a week (15-25 hours)
– Strong writing and communication skills
– Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Zoom
To be considered for this position please submit the following:
– An updated resume (no cover letter)
– Your most recent college transcript
– A short (2-5 page) academic writing sample that articulates your ability to relay information to the reader.
– A 1-2 page memo where you simulate being a new Member of Congress and tell your party leader what Committees you would like to serve on and why.
***All submitted files should be PDFs with file names formatted with your first name, last name, and document type (i.e. JaneDoeResume, JohnDoeTranscript)
Due to the volume of applications, we cannot review additional materials sent outside of the application form. All applicants must complete the application to be considered. If you have a specific question, please email Public Policy Associate Charlie Panfil at email@example.com. Please do not call or email the TDG office.
The Daschle Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.