Join the team at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 minutes for its revolutionary teacher salaries and outstanding results.
Why this job: Given The Equity Project’s revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is passionate about working directly with the local community within our Early Childhood Campus, home to TEP’s Kindergarten and 1st Grade students and families.
Position overview: We are looking for a bilingual professional who can run front-facing communications for our school’s main office. The Operations Associate is someone who is highly organized, a problem-solver and a strong communicator. This person must be a motivated individual who has the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced atmosphere and can effectively prioritize. In addition, the Operations Associate will embrace the vision of The Equity Project by setting the highest standard of excellence and by proactively identifying challenges and solutions for our school.
- Provide excellent customer service to all students, their families and other visitors.
- Answer all phone calls and emails from families, community members, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a neat, welcoming and organized office environment.
- Manage outgoing school communication via mailers, newsletters, etc.
- Manage procurement of office supplies; maintain the main office, including printers and copiers.
- Support various school events, such as parent teacher conferences, open houses, concerts, etc.
- Oversee various special projects including Photo Day, Vision Screening, and Family Surveys.
- Enter and maintain data in various Student Information Systems
- Maintain student files; make sure health records are up to date
- Support the student recruitment process by collecting applications, enrolling students, etc.
- Coordinate all Middle School student transportation logistics through the Office of Pupil Transportation (yellow bus, SPED busing and MetroCards)
- Complete Spanish fluency
- At least two years of school administrative experience preferred
- ATS knowledge, preferred
- Working knowledge of school systems preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in Outlook and scheduling is a plus
Compensation and benefits: The Operations Associate earns a competitive annual salary in the range of $58,500 to $65,000, based on the individual’s experience level, with benefits including medical, vision, dental insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance. The Operations Associate has approximately 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days).
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter through the form below. Your cover letter must indicate that you are completely fluent in Spanish. Candidates who are not fluent in Spanish will not be considered.
Deadlines and notifications: TEP is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. If you submit both a cover letter and resume, you will receive a response from us as to whether or not you will be invited to the next stage of the process.