Why this job: Join the team of a school that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School is seeking a Student Support Professional to support both our Elementary School and Middle School students outside of the classroom, during non-instructional time.
This is an amazing opportunity for individuals who are passionate about serving students and demonstrate expertise when working with students (outside of the classroom).
Position overview: Student Support Professionals play a key role in our school community, supporting in different student support capacities across two of TEP’s campuses.
Schedule: Monday – Friday from approximately 10:15 AM – 4:30 PM
Daily Schedule and Responsibilities:
- 10:15 AM to 1:15 PM – Lunch/Recess Support at TEP Middle School
- Supervises four 35-minute lunch and recess periods for 5th to 8th grade students
- 1:15 PM to 2:30 PM – Meal & transition time between campuses
- 2:30 PM to 3:20 PM – Main Office Support (Assists with a variety of daily operational needs within TEP’s main offices)
- 3:20 PM to 4:30 PM – Afternoon Bus Monitor at Early Childhood/Elementary School
- Assists with safe loading, unloading, and riding while the bus is in operation
- Implements rules and regulations, policies and administrative guidelines as adopted by the NYC Department of Education and The Equity Project Charter School
Qualifications: Applicants with significant experience working with students are strongly preferred.
Compensation: $15/hour, for an average of 30 hours/week.