Reporting to Headfirst Operations Teams for our Summer and Professional Sports Camps, the Operations Coordinator will provide smooth and efficient operation of the packing shipping and mobilization process, providing all sites across our Summer and Professional Sports Camps divisions with the materials they need to make the most of their summer. Acting as the hands-on leader of the warehouse and trailer packing processes, they will spend the majority of each day moving about the warehouse and trailers, ensuring all materials are received, packed and shipped to site before and throughout the summer. They will also assist in inventory and curriculum based operational projects to ensure full preparation for camp launch and beyond.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee Shipments of Ordered Materials. You will be present to receive all orders delivered to the warehouse and organize each shipment in an efficient way.
- Pre-Season Preparation. Our curriculum is immersive, and some will require prep to be done before materials are shipped to site. You will coordinate curriculum needs and any projects to be done prior to the first day of camp on a program by program and week by week basis. This may also include any other administrative tasks presented by our HQ team, as needed.
- Hands on Packing. Getting down to the nitty gritty, the biggest portion of this role is to hand pack all bins headed to site, track what items are in which bins and load all bins strategically into the pod specific to each site. All Professional Sports Camps division materials will be shipped to sites across the country prior to the start of the camp season. Our summer camps locations, all located in the DMV area, require multiple in-season deliveries to receive the necessary materials for the duration of the summer.
- Track Inventory. While we need to order a lot of theme specific supplies each year, our warehouse is full of materials that will also be headed to site. You will familiarize yourself with all inventory stored in the warehouse and, as packing begins, keep and track correct inventory levels of all supplies kept in the warehouse. This role will also spearhead our in-season demobilization efforts across our DMV located sites, bringing used materials back to the warehouse as well as inventorying and storing them.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst, and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as requested.
- This role will be a full-time, temporary position beginning end of March or early April and will conclude following the camp season, on or around August 27th. This role will operate mostly out of our warehouse, located in Silver Spring, Maryland, with regular travel required to our Professional Sports Camps trailers, located in Glen Burnie, MD, and our Headfirst Summer Camps locations around the DMV, as well as possible occasional visits to our Headquarters, located in Woodley Park, NW DC.
- You have completed at least one (1) year at an accredited undergraduate institution – or have equivalent educational experience.
- You have the ability and desire to serve as a primary (and often only) on-site employee at the Headfirst warehouse in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- You have a valid driver license and clean driving record, and are comfortable with driving to all DMV Headfirst Summer Camps locations.
- You are able to lift and move boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we’re inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and young adults everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly seek out new ways to improve eHeaheHeadfirst processes and your own contributions to them through continued refinement of your knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching professional hurdles head on, you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere emphasis on attention to detail.
- You are solution-oriented. You thrive in an environment that pushes you to think outside of the box, working to brainstorm and innovate for all obstacles you face.
Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We value diversity and inclusivity across our Headfirst community, and we strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.