- Develop innovative solutions to engineering and processing production problems through identification and implementation of manufacturing processes, including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of line design, fabrication, processing, tooling, and materials, and soliciting observations from the operators.
- Applies continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing principles and techniques to production areas.
- Recommends line changes and/or improvements to Process Engineering.
- Analyzes and plans workflow, space requirements and equipment layout to improve processing efficiency.
- Assure high quality production of strawberries packed in drums.
- Ensures that fruit is washed properly and defects are removed to proper standards.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned properly before using.
- Ensures all raw materials added to the product are of high quality.
- Ensures that finished products are properly labeled and clean on the outside.
- Ensure all equipment is operating properly to prevent contamination.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Assists Safety Manager in the investigation and documentation of accidents, thoroughly and timely.
- Helps prevent accidents by recognizing physical and behavioral hazards and taking corrective action.
- Works closely with the safety supervisor in promoting safety and helps during safety meetings.
- Assists Operations Manager with production to obtain or exceed cost expectations, without sacrificing quality or safety.
- Assists in the coordination of production activities with Assistant supervisor, quality control personnel and maintenance personnel.
- Works with Assistant Supervisor to accurately complete production paperwork, head counts and time cards.
- Makes suggestions to Operations Manager to improve efficiency.
- Understands and complies with Union contract.
- Works closely with management, office, quality control, maintenance and hourly personnel to achieve goals.
- May assist the Operations Manager in the organization of work crews, dissemination of work, and observance of individual/group performance.
- May relieve workers in the department.
- May do manual work.
- Must work safely being careful around forklifts.
- Must ensure that all forklift drivers are adhering to OSHA regulations when driving a forklift.
- Works with Assistant Supervisor and crew leaders to oversee the production process.
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and ensure adherence/compliance.
o Currently have a 4-year degree or are enrolled in a 4-year degree program, Engineering major highly desired
o Available in early April through the end of August.
o Able to work weekends, overtime, and night shifts.
o Excellent communication skills and leadership skills.
o Ability to read, write and speak Spanish highly desired.
*This is a paid internship. In addition, candidates may also be eligible for relocation and housing assistance.