About the program:
The Kennedy Center Internship Program is a holistic and rigorous professional development program designed to elevate the next generation of leaders in the arts, culture, and non-profit fields. Through the program, students will have the opportunity to develop office skills, gain qualification for future jobs, and cultivate social capital by developing connections with leaders at a world-class arts organization.
Each intern will be placed in a department based on their interests and career aspirations where they will identify objectives and project goals with their direct supervisor.
Throughout the program curriculum interns will:
· Participate in trainings with senior staff members on a variety of arts administration topics
· Attend cross-departmental meetings to understand the workings of a matrix organization
· Shadow staff members in multiple departments
This is a paid internship program ($15.20 per hour) based in Washington, D.C.
· Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program
· Applicants must commit to 25-40 hours a week from January 24th – April 29th, 2022