Under the general direction of the Data and Information Systems Manager, the Systems Analyst (SA) supports end users in the organization in using various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for internal and external customers. The SA is also responsible for assisting in the strategic design, testing, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications. This position also develops an understanding of core business processes to support development of practical and relevant solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations to support process improvement, process confirmation, and implement change.
- Conduct research to identify products, services, and/or applications that can be readily integrated into custom applications to augment the functional requirements of the business line. Remain knowledgeable of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Apply industry standard user interface design concepts to the development of user-centered interfaces that are highly intuitive and efficient, as well as aesthetically pleasing.
- Facilitate regular meetings to help teams or individuals identify process workflow improvements, decision-making processes, provide demos, and sprint planning to achieve on time deliverables.
- Implement processes, practices, and tools to allow for multiple paths of delivery; i.e., create simplified, consistent, reusable, efficient and flexible methodologies.
- Gather and analyze functional business/user requirements, translating them into a set of technical documents that describe the components that will be developed and the methods that will be used.
- Provide the testing of existing and new software applications and enhancements within.
- Provide end-user training and training materials by coordinating with department leads and extend technical support as necessary relative to application delivery.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolutions are required.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Maintain and enhance performance of software and applications across the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred in Information Technology, Web Design, Computer Programming, Computer Science or other related discipline or minimum of two years working experience in related Application Support or Development field.
- Minimum one year of experience with SDLC methodologies, especially the Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of software development languages and tools to integrate communication and collaboration technologies with other applications and business systems.
- Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end-user procedures.
- Experience documenting and analyzing processes, procedures and/or policies.
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Ability to work with and support multiple software solutions.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and adapt well to change.
- Ability to deliver consistent, high level of service to customers while exhibiting The LLF core values.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills with ability to present ideas and business- and user-friendly language.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with customer service orientation.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- This is a level 3 Blood-borne Pathogen Exposure position. Employees have low to no exposure to Blood-borne Pathogens and no exposure to TB.
Benefits and Perks:
- Paid personal and sick time
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Free onsite gym
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Health and wellness incentives (sponsored fitness activities and classes)
- Onsite dry-cleaning services
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Casual attire
- Frequent team building and employee engagement activities
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements