Excited about strategic problem-solving? Interested in consulting for Fortune 500 clients? Consider applying to be a Wintern-Project Manager at the New England Consulting Group!
As a Wintern you will participate in a short-term (2-4 week), individualized project giving you valuable work experience during your winter break. Winterns can participate in-person at our Westport, CT headquarters (paid) or remotely (un-paid).
- Current Junior or Sophomore
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5+ preferred
- All majors are encouraged to apply
- Employ qualitative and quantitative thinking with respect to gathering evidence, developing and testing hypotheses and communicating executable solutions/recommendations for client projects.
- Aid new business development efforts by facilitating contact with new leads/potential clients
- Project Managers report directly to the Managing Partners, each of whom have 25+ years of business experience
- Analysis – Ability to analyze business situations, both qualitatively and quantitatively, to arrive at substantiated findings and conclusions.
- Management – Ability to manage resources to achieve multiple objectives against workplans.
- Communication – Ability to communicate complex thoughts effectively through verbal presentation, precise writing, document structuring, and graphical design.
- Thinking – Ability to think conceptually and creatively in the solution of business problems.
- Research – Ability to efficiently gather information, establish facts, garner evidence and otherwise find important sources of insight.
- Initiative – Independently anticipate and address assignment needs.
- Team Spirit – Actively support team members.
- Enthusiasm – Possess intense interest in management/marketing strategy and the understanding/learning of fellow consultants.
- Interpersonal Traits – Work well with others, motivating both consultants and support personnel.
- Productivity – Efficiently manage multiple tasks for concurrent engagements.
- Intellectual horsepower required.