The North Carolina Justice Center is a progressive research and advocacy organization dedicated to expanding opportunity and protecting the rights of low-income individuals in North Carolina. For over 20 years, the Justice Center has been on the front lines in the courts, at the legislature, in the media, and in communities advocating for positive changes for poor and working North Carolinians. The Justice Center has played a primary role in most of the state’s major policy debates and successfully litigated hundreds of individual cases and class actions.
The North Carolina Justice Center is seeking an Information Technology Specialist, to support the day-to-day IT needs of the NCJC staff. This position assists with the management of all PCs and workstations and the installation, repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all end-user systems and applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalency is required
- Hands-on experience with Windows-based workstations, Microsoft Office 365 products, database-driven cloud CRM systems such as Salsa, remote desktop support, VoIP telephony, Adobe Creative Cloud products, and A/V presentation systems
- Working knowledge of networking technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, with an emphasis on providing superb customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple, diverse projects with fast-paced timelines
- Experience in application and website design and coding is considered a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines required. Must be able to work independently and support the work of others in the organization
- Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends is required
The Justice Center offers skilled and committed co-workers, a competitive salary (minimum $42,908/annually DOE), and superior benefits to enhance staff quality of life including but not limited to: six weeks of paid time off, paid maternity/paternity leave, thirteen holidays, $100 monthly parking stipend, retirement plan contribution, and match, FSA, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage. This position is in the Justice Center’s bargaining unit, represented by the National Organization of Legal Service Workers, UAW Local 2320.
The Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for available positions. NCJC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.