Hawthorne Gardening Company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Intern to support the Centennial Manufacturing team in Vancouver, WA. This position will gain exposure to the Hawthorne gardening assembly manufacturing and thermoforming processes.
What you’ll do in this role:
· Support and drive manufacturing process changes through the execution of time studies.
· Design and implement process controls within for operators.
· Programming and implementing new quality tools to streamline inspection processes.
· Lead new equipment installations.
· Deploy standard operating procedures.
Skills and knowledge needed:
· Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering program or related coursework
· Knowledge of Lean/ Six sigma methodologies and apply lean concepts, data analysis and project management principles to drive process and project efficiency
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Creative thinker with a vision
· People and Project Management skills essential
· Familiar with production machinery, processes and standards
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail