Graphic Design/Communications Intern
The Social and Health Research Center, Inc. is looking for a candidate with a strong understanding of the graphic design landscape to gain experience in-house with a healthcare/education organization. You will receive hands-on experience with our team producing innovative visual concepts and the implementation of graphic concepts for digital, print and social campaigns that help fuel our rapid growth. The ideal candidate must be a fast learner that is hungry to grow, while being passionate for visual and creative storytelling. We encourage you to bring ideas, while being collaborative, hardworking and adaptable to change. Participants interested in digital communications, website development, creative writing and journalism, branding, digital design and healthcare communications are encouraged to apply. Get real-world experience assisting with website development, promotional material creation, public relations and more.
Skill set should include:
· Preparing graphical work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials from internal staff.
· Illustrating concept by designing a rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
· Completing projects by coordinating with internal staff and outside agencies, such as printers.
· Inputting editorial changes into composed manuscripts.
· Performing checks to ensure editorial changes have been entered correctly.
· Composing pages of book.
· Photography and photo editing.
· Contributing to a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Assisting with administrative tasks when necessary.
· Current junior or senior pursuing bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, journalism, marketing, English, computer science or a similar area of study.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excessive attention to detail.
· Excellent Layout Skills.
· Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat.
· An understanding of digital graphic file types and file preparation for various uses.
· Knowledge of Web and App Development.
· Knowledge of Social Media platforms.