This position is posted on behalf of our partner, H&M, in Stockholm, Sweden. The candidate will have a mentor on-site and the Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce will assist in finding housing, insurance, and other important matters.
Host company homepage: https://www.hm.com/
Start Date: January 2022
Duration of training period: 6 months
Compensation: Market-based salary
About the host company
H&M is a fashion brand, offering the latest styles and inspiration for all — always. Customers will find everything from fashion pieces and unique designer collaborations to affordable wardrobe essentials, complete-the-look accessories, and motivational workout wear. All seasons, all styles, all welcome! But H&M is more than just fashion. With price, quality, and sustainability deeply rooted in its DNA, H&M is not only an opportunity for everyone to explore their personal style, but it also offers a chance to create a more sustainable fashion future.
Are you eager to learn and do you want to help guide the strategic direction of H&M using insights from analyses and data? Does the amount of data that is generated from thousands of stores, online touchpoints, and millions of customers excite you? Then you might be the sharp Data Analyst Trainee that we are looking for in the Global Commercial Analysis Team!
Our team’s mission is to turn challenging business questions into structured data analysis to generate insights, enable data-driven decision making. More specifically, we are a team of seven analysts working together to solve atypical problems using data and analytics in collaboration with all parts of the H&M brand organization.
What you will do:
· Transform business questions into analysis that results in actionable insights.
· Analyze large data sets relating to sales, pricing, products/assortment, customers, competitors, etc.
· Select, test, and develop the best method or model for your analysis together with your manager and other team members.
· Work on the whole analysis process from start to finish. This means extracting, cleaning, sampling, analyzing, and presenting your data.
· Support the business functions with advanced analyses.
· Develop analysis methods and metrics for the company.
Who are you?
· You are close to finishing an academic degree in a quantitative field, such as engineering, business, economics, finance, or math/statistics.
· Have an interest in working with and extracting large data sets analyze data and visualize data.
· Experience is an advantage but interest and willingness to learn is highly valued of the following tools:
o Tableau/Power BI or other BI tools
· Like to present & explain data in a simple and clear way.
· “Can do” attitude and not afraid of broad project scopes.
· Ambitious and competitive, yet humble and curious.
· An entrepreneurial spirit, always striving to do things in a smarter and more efficient way.
· A team player who believes in collaboration and enjoys discussions
You will grow both professionally and personally throughout this program, and after your graduation, there will be possibilities for a role within our Business organization as a Business analyst, Data Analyst, or Data Scientist. And if you’re passionate about exploring new opportunities within the H&M group, your career possibilities are endless!
H&M is committed to creating a Diverse & Inclusive environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or age.
The position comes with a market-based salary.