As a Mobile Software Developer Intern, you’ll gain first-hand experience creating solutions for our clients and you’ll see your ideas become reality. At the end of your internship, you’ll be considered for a full-time position that starts upon completion of your degree program or when the position becomes available.
• Assist in the building of Mobile App for our Minority Community Center Service application.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements as well as the development of user stories and estimates
• Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
• Collaborate with experienced designers, strategists, client partners, and clients on the product
• Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
• Package and support the deployment of releases with our backend team.
• Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
• Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software
Your Skills & Experience:
• Software development proficiency in the following, along with supporting math and science skills:
• Platforms including public and private clouds, AWS, and Google Cloud
• Patterns and frameworks such as DevOps, microservices, APIs, ReactJS, Corda R3, 12-Factor, and more
• Data platforms (Postresql, graphsql, etc.)
• Prior internship or cooperative education experience in your field of study
• Proven leadership experience and capability, as demonstrated through organizations outside of your core university curriculum
• Experience working on teams to solve problems, as demonstrated through internships, cooperative education, and senior-level university projects
• Can handle working on an individual project with minimal guidance and supervision
• Open-minded, inclusive, and appreciative of the views and perspectives of others
• Working towards a Bachelor or Postgraduate Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or a related field, and/or equivalent military experience
Benefits of Interning Here:
• This is an unpaid internship.
• Development opportunities focused on building your technical skills, expanding your collaborative methods, and growing your leadership talent.
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.