Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
MEP Project Manager
With the start of a new year, are your thoughts drifting towards a new challenging opportunity? Want to complement a team who will rely on your insight and experience to make things happen? How about the freedom and permission to ensure entire projects are complete and aligned with Howard University’s high standards?
Now fast forward one year. You have contributed to a variety of building projects which includes labs, classrooms, theatres, and athletic fields at the premier HBCU that educated the vice president of the United States. Your colleagues depend and trust your knowledge and judgment. Students and facility benefit from upgraded learning environments.
It’s a big challenge and that is why we want a talented individual with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing project management experience who can execute and get things done. Here’s what the job looks like…..
- Typically manages multiple (12 or more) projects at a time.
- Acts as a representative of the University to work with consultants, contractors, architects, engineers, and in developing bid documents for facilities remodeling, construction, and maintenance.
- Organizes project development with end user, develops construction budgets, cost estimates and ensures implementation of compliance with building codes.
- Formulates architectural programs, establishes project delivery approach, plans development schedules and organizes value engineering design of documents and construction projects for life cycle impacts.
- Develop scope of work and schedule for miscellaneous construction projects, completely integrating end user requirements.
- Develop and oversee project budget – from preliminary cost estimates to final project close-out – including cash flow forecasts to inform our larger cash management strategy.
- Coordinate design review with appropriate inputs throughout from stakeholders such as the University leaders, professors and University personnel.
Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or a related field.
- Five years of experience in project management.
- Background in MEP Construction and knowledge of MEP Construction means and methods.
- Expertise in working around energized electrical work, control of hazardous energies, proper PPE for the task, lockout/tagout procedures, and kirk key schemes.
- Comprehension of critical-path schedule development, management of trade performance and productivity.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience with e-Builder, AutoCad, and Maintenance Connect preferred.
- This is a hands-on, physically demanding job, that will require the ability to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, lift, sit, pull, push, and walk for a minimum of four hours while navigating the campus terrain.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. using safe lifting techniques.
- Ability to work in areas with exposure to bad weather, dirt, dust, sewage, odors, and hazardous materials.
- Expectation that evening, weekend, and special event hours are necessary to respond to the University’s needs.
Sound enticing? There’s more, we have a good benefits package, discounts to our restaurants, and plenty of exciting work. Heck, we will even purchase your work boots. Yes, we know…this is a great gig and we are ready to hire you.
Thompson Facilities Services, provides the physical facilities maintenance support for the historic Howard University. The students, faculty, and staff at Howard depend on world class facility services that contribute to a memorable education experience. At Thompson, our mission is to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in, once guest, one client, one team member at a time.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.