Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
- Give back to our communities
- Celebrate diversity
- Do the right thing
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Always do your best
- Be accountable for our actions
- Serve the highest quality food
- Provide world-class service
- Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
REPORTS TO: Director of Project Management
CLASSIFICATION: Project Management Services
This position will provide construction management, special projects, remodels, and renovation projects for an Occupier Services Account for Thompson Facilities Services on the Howard University Campus. The Project Manager will contribute to Howard University’s success by providing project management and financial oversight with all special projects, remodeling and renovation projects. This person will oversee the entire process to ensure projects are complete on time, under budget, and in alignment with the expected high standards.
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Acts as a representative of the University to work with consultants, contractors, architects, engineers, and in developing bid documents for facilities remodeling, construction, and maintenance
- Organizes project development with end user, develops construction budgets, cost estimates and ensures implementation of compliance with building codes.
- Formulates architectural programs, establishes project delivery approach, plans development schedules and organizes value engineering design of documents and construction projects for life cycle impacts.
- Recommends and coordinate the implementation of projects with all Stakeholders including but not limited to, Director of FM, and the Director of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Projects.
- Develop scope of work and schedule for miscellaneous construction projects, completely integrating end user requirements
- Develop and oversee project budget – from preliminary cost estimates to final project close-out – including cash flow forecasts to inform our larger cash management strategy
- Develop and oversee project schedules – from project planning through occupancy and close-out
- Assemble professional design and construction teams with qualifications that match the project (environmental, survey, architect, engineer, etc.)
- Coordinate design review with appropriate inputs throughout from stakeholders such as the University leaders, professors and University personnel
- Ensure coordination among contractors
- Lead turnover from construction to the FM Team & the University’s team.
- Maintain all records for miscellaneous construction projects in extremely organized manner
- Prepare reports, documentation, and information related to miscellaneous construction projects on an as-needed basis
- Ability to manage contracts effectively
- Familiarity with design and planning principles
- Ability to read architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans
- Awareness of laws, ordinances, and regulations applicable to building construction
- Awareness of environmental regulations and requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships
- Ability to conduct technical analysis of information (both data and financial)
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and keen judgment
- Conduct programming meeting with stakeholders
- Business Case Development
- Project scope of work
- Project schedule
- Project budget
- Provide reference plans
- Facilitate & lead project kick-off meeting
- Communicate project deliverable
- Communicate project team role and responsibilities
- Project schedule overview
- Facilitate & lead (when applicable) weekly project progress meetings
- Create meeting agenda
- Project meeting notes / updates
- Project schedules updates
- Vendor Procurements
- Develop SOW’s & RFP’s
- Proposal review & analysis
- Vendor selection / recommendations
- Proposal submissions
- Budget Tracking
- Construction Management & Vendor oversight
- Management project team
- Ensure customer teams & vendor coordination
- Change order, review, approval / recommendation and submission,
- Site inspections
- Project Closeout
- Ensure completion of project deliverable
- Ensure completion of punch list task
- Ensure user acceptance of project deliverables
- Turn-over deliverables to user and facilities
- Close procurement (approval / recommendation final payments)
- Ensure project documents are updated and filed
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management or a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in project management.
- Strong experience working collaboratively with project managers and accountants to develop and track budgets
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Auto Cad and Facility Management software.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.