The TigerRisk Decision Support Team (Modeling and Analytics) is unmatched in the industry in facilitating catastrophe reinsurance placements while also being integrally embedded within our clients’ operations. TigerRisk employs cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment; striving at all times to develop solutions and present ideas that align with our clients’ core philosophy of profitable growth.
As a Catastrophe Risk Research & Development Intern, you will be embedded with our leading analytics team to assist and provide innovative solutions. As a Catastrophe R&D Intern, you will work together with the TigerRisk Analytics and Broking teams to assist in portfolio management and reinsurance decision making. This position will be full-time, duration of 12 weeks, beginning in June, and based in our RTP, NC office.
- Assists in basic quantitative analysis projects under the guidance of senior R&D team members in order to calculate risk exposure and potential loss that may occur due to natural and man-made catastrophes.
- Gathers, organizes and reviews data relevant to catastrophe model validation. This includes finding and using 3rd party or publicly available data.
- Performs basic analyses using existing catastrophe risk models to extract data sets that can be used to calculate the client’s risk exposure.
- Assists senior R&D team members in preparing and formatting summaries, presentations and reports in order to summarize potential risk and loss results for the client.
- Researches and summarizes industry publications and scientific papers of specific or regional perils in order to provide additional sources of information used for analyses and client reports
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree within Mathematics, Engineering, or Science is a requirement
- Relevant work experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good internal relationships
- Keen ability to organize
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with business writing
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- High achieving academic record in program major and summer internships or other work experience
- Strong financial aptitude
- Ability to work independently or within a team based on work demands
- General knowledge of business principle and industry trends
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.