Working as a Physician Facilitator (known at other places as a “scribe”) is one of the best opportunities for you as you prepare for a career in the medical field. You will work directly with highly skilled physicians and experienced advanced practice providers, who love having you on the team and are eager to teach. You will enhance your knowledge of medical procedures, all while being a highly valued member of an inspiring team.
At Total Access Urgent Care, our scribes are called Physician Facilitators (PFs) because their capabilities extend far beyond the capabilities of traditional scribes. Traditional duties of a scribe include:
- Documenting patient history, physical exam findings, and procedures
- Placing orders for lab tests, imaging tests, and medications
- Monitoring lab and imaging results
- Recording diagnoses and choosing appropriate discharge and follow-up instructions
Along with working alongside our providers and performing all the traditional duties of a scribe, our PFs also perform hands-on patient care. PFs learn how to perform all the duties of a tech, which include:
- Performing initial vitals and assessment of patients
- Collecting lab specimens, such as strep swabs, flu swabs, and urine specimens
- Drawing blood and initiating IVs
- Performing lab tests
- Dispensing medications via oral, intramuscular, and intravenous routes
- Cleaning wounds and applying splints
Apply directly via jobs.TAUC.com
Questions? Email Ajay Minton at email@example.com
- Who: We are looking for Full-Time Teammates (to start after college graduation) or Part-Time Teammates (to start the summer after freshman or sophomore year and part-time during school year). Are you friendly and do you work hard? Excellent.
- Pay: Start at $14/hr, then $15/hr after Training.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Free care at TAUC locations, 401(k), PTO, Gym membership.
- Locations: Most shifts at your closest 5 locations, plus some shifts at our main location in Rock Hill.
- Schedule: Flexible schedule – can have certain weekday(s) off for classes, family, or other commitments.
- Hours: Most shifts are 8-8, some are 6-2 or 2-10. Work 3-4 days per week, alternating weekends/holidays.
- Culture: Join the best team in St. Louis. Fast, friendly, affordable healthcare.
- Growth: Performance opportunities for you to learn, achieve, and earn more.
- Response: We promise to email you back within 7 days.
- Question: What are you waiting for? Feel free to apply today.