At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Preferred location St. Paul, MN we are open other locations for the right candidate
Be a part of our mission! Do you want to directly contribute to an organization committed to reduce its customer carbon footprint by 1 Gigaton of Carbon Dioxide? As a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, it’s our responsibility to put the planet first. For us at Trane Technologies, sustainability is not just how we do business—it is our business. Sustainability is at the center of our strategy and influences how we make every decision.
As a Controls Technical and Product Support Engineer, you will assist Trane’s field organization in the sale, installation and service/troubleshooting of Trane Building Automation Systems and HVAC Equipment Controls. You will provide phone, email and occasional on-site product and technical support for Trane’s technicians and account managers, ensuring they are able to efficiently and effectively provide world-class products and services to Trane’s various customers in the commercial market. As such, you will be responsible for the identification, resolution and documentation of advanced and sensitive technical product issues. In addition to assisting directly, you will also be responsible for developing and proactively sharing knowledge and documentation through various proactive distribution channels in order to minimize the need for future support requests.
You will also participate in product development and testing, including recommending product additions and improvements in order to maximize Trane’s product quality and product/service sales. This role will provide a lot of opportunity for growth within the organization and develop a subject matter expertise in this area. We are also open for the right candidate with a background in IT/Networking who would like to learn a new industry.
- Support callers with technical problem solving of building automation systems and HVAC controls.
- Use software tools for call tracking and knowledge retrieval.
- Develop technical expertise for assigned products and general knowledge of all Building Automation/Controls products.
- Develop information for the product knowledge database, to be used by other support and field personnel.
- Perform root cause analysis and defect resolution.
- Assist directly with field/customer projects, including programming and commissioning
- Author and/or review product literature and assist with training classes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technical field OR 5+ years of directly applicable HVAC/automation experience
- Experience with IP Networking preferred
- Experience with or willingness to learn HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred
- Experience in a technical support or customer service role preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Maintain a pleasant and positive attitude with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good decision making skills, while exercising excellent judgment.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.