Installs, repairs, and maintains computer based data collection, instrumentation, cables, and sensors applied to dynamic and static test items. Measures, understands, and validates sensors outputs using calibration data and digital data acquisition techniques. Retrieves data from vehicles and remote locations via wireless modems and through recording media. Performs preliminary data analysis and compile data recording programs through provided software. Assists and suggests sensor placement based on test procedures. Designs and fabricates custom mounting hardware for equipment and sensor installations. Works well with others and demonstrate good customer service attributes. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Pay Rate: DOE
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have one of the following: 2 years related electro-mechanical experience, or an Associate’s degree / Military training in related field and 1 year’s directly related experience
• Mechanical and metal fabrication experience.
• Instrumentation experience and understanding of Automotive Technology
• Soldering experience.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must understand basic physics and mechanical movements.
• Must have a sound operational knowledge of computers.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and capable of climbing up and into large vehicles up to 8-10 feet high.
• Must be capable of kneeling, bending and standing while performing maintenance duties
• Must be able to distinguish colors.
• Must be able to work long hours in a desert environment.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Auto Instrumentation.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Individual must demonstrate motivation and initiative.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Engineering background with an understanding of automotive performance and data collection techniques.
• Experience with data analysis tools like Campbell, LabVIEW, MATLAB, or ORIGIN.
• Experience using Campbell Scientific CR9000 & DEWESoft Datalogger hardware.
• Experience operating data loggers including modifying settings and configurations.
• Wireless Radio / Modem experience.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
*** Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
•TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS, Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts
Copyright © 2007-2020 TRAX International