Reverse engineer, designs, specifies, fabricates, develops documentation, integrates, and operates instrumentation packages for various tests. Instrumentation packages may include but not limited to triggering devices, measurement devices, electronic firing systems, and data collection systems. Designs and builds circuitry to operate, interface, and control target devices. Validates and verifies test requirements against instrumentation performance specifications. Provides onsite technical support while operating and monitoring instrumentation or electronics package. Skills include circuit card design, developing schematic drawing packages, soldering, and microcontroller programming, designing enclosures and developing user interfaces. Mentors, supervises, and provides guidance to technicians and engineers. Performs Quality Assurance activities. Develops and delivers training to technicians and engineers. Performs other duties as needed to ensure completion of test mission.
Pay Rate: DOE
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have one of the following: Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or similar technical degree and 4 years directly related experience.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and software.
• Experience designing and fabricating electronics down to component level.
• Experience programming microcontrollers.
• Experience using test equipment like oscilloscopes, multi-meters, and function generators.
• Working knowledge of electronics and circuit theory.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be able to read and develop electronic schematics.
• Must be able to reverse engineer, design, prototype, fabricate, and integrate various electronic systems
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and possess the ability to quickly learn and use various computer applications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, stooping, kneeling, and standing.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• The ability to maintain accurate records; adhere to documented procedures, accurately read routine reports and correspondence, perform clerical functions as required, and work cooperatively within a team environment.
• Must be able to maintain own tools to the minimum requirement by the company.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Experience with instrumentation and sensor data collection.
• Experience developing software using LabVIEW.
• Experience developing on National Instruments CompactRIO systems.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
*** Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
•TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
•TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
•TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
•Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.