WHO WE ARE
Nearly a billion people live in extreme poverty and earn less than $1/day. Most of them are subsistence farmers whose farming practices have led to the deforestation of their land and the degradation of the local – and the global – environment.
Trees for the Future (TREES) is ending hunger and extreme poverty for farmers in developing nations by generating health, wealth and resilience. Through our “Forest Garden Approach,” we train farmers to plant and manage Forest Gardens that sustainably feed families and raise their incomes by 400%. We receive donations to implement our work in areas where we can have the greatest impact.
Since 1989, with our experience in planting over 180 million trees, we have demonstrated the transformative power of trees in helping smallholder farmers to break out of the poverty trap. Today, our work in East and West Africa is helping to end hunger and poverty by guiding thousands – and soon hundreds of thousands – to grow food and promote economic independence through trees. Learn more at www.trees.org.
Trees for the Future is rapidly growing thanks to the tremendous generosity and energy of an engaged community of supporters and staff. As we grow, there are opportunities to be a part of this dynamic team. We are now seeking a self-directed IT/Management Information System (MIS) intern with experience in working both Google Suite and Microsoft Office for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving. The intern will be actively involved in assisting with migration and alignment of documents from Google Suites to Microsoft Office meaningful projects and will work closely with a mentor and leadership in navigating this system.
We are currently a fully remote workplace but we prefer that applicants for this position reside in the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) area.
- Provide support to the organization in the process of migrating documents from Google Suite to SharePoint.
- Help develop the SharePoint websites for various Microsoft Teams
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Organize G-Suite and MS Office 365 data resources
- Assist IT and Programs in creating links between worksheets
- Provide assistance with resolving business issues by using data and systems
- May perform additional projects upon request
To be successful as an IT-Management Information Systems Intern needs an enthusiastic attitude and ability to work independently and in teams. The IT-Management Information Systems Intern will report to the Executive Assistant.
In addition, the IT-Management Information Systems Intern has the following attributes and experience:
- Major in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Expert knowledge of link creation in documents
- Strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
TREES’ holds dear the following organizational values. The IT-Management Information Systems Intern must feel at home exercising these values at work, daily.
For more details on these values, please reference page 8 of our 2019 Impact Report.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Flexible schedule
- The satisfaction of helping countless families to plant their way out of poverty