To be considered for this opportunity please apply through this link:
Please review the following job description:
The Commercial Community Banking Regional Internship opportunities are a structured, comprehensive program that includes Truist Summer Internship core curriculum and options to provide interns an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the day to day responsibilities of the Commercial Community Banking Regional positions, with the goal to convert you to one of our full-time opportunities post-graduation.
The broad based internship program incorporates education, exposure and experience in the core and track curriculum. Teammates will focus on Truist Acumen, Leadership Skills, Financial Services Acumen, Innovation & Technology, Risk Governance and Assurance, and Professional Skills. Training will include exposure to Truist senior leaders and sessions with members of Executive Leadership.
The program interweaves the three dimensions of development throughout the internship.
• Education: Training and learning in large groups, small group/peer interaction, and self-study components.
• Exposure: Opportunity to interact with Executive Leaders throughout the program, as well as exposure to other senior leaders, lines of business, industry specialists, training experts, and other Truist interns.
• Experience: Day to day work in the specific track to provide an opportunity for meaningful learning experiences with business impact.
What to Expect:
The 10 week credit internships include a regional view of the Commercial Community Bank (CCB). In addition to the core curriculum, the CCB track focuses on further core principles of commercial banking, credit acumen, and business development. You will play a meaningful role in supporting internal business partners and external clients, as well as expand your leadership and collaborative team skills, credit and risk acumen, and industry and technical knowledge. Training could be a hybrid approach to learning and may include remote and in person learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Learn a wide range of concepts, programs, and services designed to prepare for an assignment in any of the enterprise’s business lines.
- Develop and enhance the following skills: Analytical and decision making skills; Effective communication skills; Leadership skills
- Perform special projects or assignments outside of the formalized training program, as may be assigned.
- Embrace and model Truist Purpose, Mission and Values.
- Complete any additional training as recommended by the manager, either during or after the program.
- Participate in business rotations, working on projects and other business-as-usual activities that allows for the practical application of concepts and behaviors referenced in training and demonstrate results in line with rotational leads’ expectations.
Who We Look For:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary for the Credit Internships. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (business-related concentrations, along with accounting and/or finance coursework are desired). 3.0+ GPA preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong initiative
- Demonstrated leadership through on campus involvement and/or work experience
- Enthusiasm for a career in financial services
- General knowledge of the financial services industry
- Willingness to travel for on-the-job training
- Ability to relocate to the internship opportunity for the program
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.