Job title: Data Engineer at TruWeather Solutions
Established in 2015, TruWeather Solutions, Inc (https://truweathersolutions.com/ ) is a leading provider of weather data analytics and innovative weather risk management products in the US market and beyond. TruWeather’s customized translation of real-time and predictive weather data into discreet workflow decision insights sharpens resource scheduling, planning, and mission execution. This results in safer, more productive operations and business success.
TruWeather Solutions is leading an Urban Air Mobility (UAM) project funded by NASA aiming to design and develop an Urban Weather Sensing Infrastructure Testbed and providing accurate weather data to enable UAS urban navigation.
This position is focused on fusing, validating and evaluating data from different sources in order to provide the best weather estimates. This project is a six month fixed term project that will be overseen by the project’s principal investigator (PI) and the company’s CEO. The chosen candidate should preferably be located in Grand Forks, ND or Albany, NY; however, finding the best candidate at any location is then priority and we encourage all to apply.
Responsibilities and duties:
· Lead assigned project tasks, including code developments and data evaluation.
· Assist the project PI in different project tasks.
· Participate in project’s meetings and in draft deliverables.
· Meet the project goals and interests of the company.
MS degree in software engineering, data science, or statistical engineering.
Minimum experience and skills requirements:
· Experience in uncertainty quantification, data interpolation and assimilation
· Experience in model improvements and evaluation
· Proficient in numerical coding with Python
· Experience in reports writing.
General skills requirements:
· Excellent communication skills
· Updated on the technological advances and data science trends
· Result-oriented and flexible
· Determined to solve problems
· Effective in multitasking
How to apply:
Send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org