Techtronic Industries (TTi) is seeking an Analytical Engineer with Mechanical Engineering experience who will be responsible for driving new and mature product development through CAE with a focus in FEA and CFD. TTi is an industry leading consumer products company with core product lines in handheld and benchtop power tools, outdoor products and cleaning products. This is an interdisciplinary position and requires a high degree of self-motivation. Technical skills and a willingness to learn are essential.
Proficiency in laboratory testing and data acquisition techniques using various meters, transducers and flow devices is required.
Position is on-premise, but some remote work is currently required.
- Calculate strength, failure, and fatigue in various mechanical components and assemblies made from metal, plastic, and elastomers.
- Simulate flow fields and predict heat transfer in power tools.
- Develop programs to predict mechanism dynamics using MatLab (or similar languages)
- Perform sound and vibration analysis and measurements
- Measure various properties and performance metrics to support new and mature product development
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace, M.S. preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience in analysis preferred
- Strong math and physics skills
- Enthusiasm toward simulation and a collaborative work environment
ANSYS Mechanical, ANSYS CFD, NX, Solidworks, BK Connect, VB Excel, Matlab, Python, LabView, Arduino