Turtle Beach Corporation is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has been at the forefront of music and audio technology for more than three decades and is recognized as a pioneer of today’s PC audio industry.
Turtle Beach believes diversity in the workplace creates an environment where different perspectives lead to improved creativity, productivity, team member engagement, and overall employee happiness. We’re simply looking for the best persons for the job, and if that’s you…let’s talk!
Summary: Turtle Beach is seeking a growth-oriented Electrical Engineer to become an integral part of our audio headset engineering team in California. The selected candidate will work with our experienced engineering staff in the development of our gaming headsets. Work will include product specifications, schematic design, PCB layout design/approvals, circuit debugging, prototype development, and component approvals. The work will be highly collaborative with both internal customers and external suppliers. This opportunity represents a unique opportunity for candidates interested in working in a fast-paced, team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, realization, integration, and verification testing of industry-leading innovative products
- Develop and define performance criteria for product specifications
- Perform schematic entry, BOM exportation, revision control, and updates to Altium CAD libraries
- Approve or perform PCB layout design or modifications for products
- Review and approve test results for internally and externally performed tests, including RF performance characteristics
- Review product functionality and guide design team trade-offs, for best customer use experience
- Collaborate with the cross-discipline project team to bring products to market on time and within budget
- Approve Engineering ECO’s for products
- Evaluate and approve second source components
- Prototype creation and testing
- Initiate problem-solving using creative and innovative design and process approaches
- Perform work independently and take initiative. Recognize when it is necessary to ask for direction from a senior-level engineering colleague
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years of relevant engineering experience. Development of high-volume consumer electronics preferred.
- Must have experience in electrical design with a clear understanding of audio performance challenges and requirements. Headset/headphone experience preferred
- Experience with Altium or another electronic CAD software
- Understanding of overall system design development process, including required collaboration of Electrical, Mechanical, and Firmware / Software development
- Individuals should possess a strong focus on product and the ability to communicate effectively with both team members and suppliers.
- Friendly, self-directed, creative, able to learn quickly, and excited to work in a fast-paced consumer products environment