U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. As a paid intern, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to help ensure the high quality of our consumer-oriented automotive rankings and reviews. This one-year, fulltime internship in our Washington, D.C. office is open to recent college grads.
In this role, you’ll play an important part of our production process. You’ll fact check new and used auto reviews and upload images and articles to our custom content management system. There may be opportunities for writing, but please note that is not part of the primary duties. Our ideal teammate is deadline- and detail-oriented and has strong communication skills.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Fact check and research auto reviews and articles
- Edit and upload photos
- Work extensively in a custom content management system
- Play an intrinsic part of the production process
- Work closely with a talented and diverse team of writers and editors
- Learn to write with a focus on search engine optimization
You should definitely have:
- Utmost attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and organizational skills
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience gathering, processing, and analyzing data from multiple sources
- Basic experience using Microsoft Excel (sorting, filtering, etc.)
- Desire to work on consumer-focused products
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This is a 1-year internship that pays $15 an hour
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration