The United Nations Association of the National Capital Area (UNA-NCA) is now accepting Program Assistant applications for its Programs & Membership (P&M) and Graduate Fellows Program (GFP) positions. The Program Assistant position is a remote, part-time, unpaid internship opportunity available to both current students (undergraduates and graduates) and recent graduates.
P&M and GFP Position Overviews
Program Assistants will experience working in a small, non-profit environment as an integral member of the UNA-NCA team while gaining exposure to a variety of project management responsibilities. Both P&M and GFP Program Assistants will work closely with UNA-NCA’s Managing Director of Programs and Membership.
P&M Program Assistants
The P&M position is focused upon membership development, event planning, volunteer and stakeholder management, general administrative tasks, and strategic communications. P&M Program Assistants gain firsthand exposure to core program management responsibilities.
GFP Program Assistant
GFP Program Assistant work alongside GFP faculty and fellows to prepare for the Spring Semester’s program. When not assisting with the GFP, the GFP PA will assume the same responsibilities as a P&M Program Assistant. To learn more about the GFP, please click here.
* indicates GFP Program Assistant-specific responsibilities
· Assist with event planning, including securing speakers and managing registration
· Coordinate event logistics with partner organizations and UNA-NCA volunteers
· Manage event publicity and outreach
· Represent staff at UNA-NCA and partner organization events
· Draft monthly programs report
· Update and maintain UNA-NCA membership database and listserv
· Assist with membership recruitment and retention
· Help contact new and current members to inform them about upcoming opportunities
· Draft monthly membership report
· Assist with maintaining and updating the UNA-NCA website
· Design, write, and edit UNA-NCA newsletters, promotional/event materials, and various reports
· Maintain UNA-NCA’s social media presence
· Draft monthly communications report
Graduate Fellows Program*
· Assist with preparations for, and execution of, GFP program sessions
· Act as a liaison between faculty and staff
· Manage engagement with GFP alumni
· Oversee the organization of GFP’s Google Drive database
· Take notes and be an active participant in faculty meetings and GFP sessions
* indicates a GFP Program Assistant-specific qualification
· Detail-oriented, well-organized
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Able to conduct research quickly, yet diligently
· Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team with minimal supervision
· Proficient with, or willing to learn Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Asana, Slack, and Zoom
· Willing to voice opinions and receive constructive criticism
· Able to take excellent notes
· 1+ year of experience in an office setting, handling day-to-day administrative tasks
· Event planning experience
· Previous experience handling multiple projects at once
· Database experience preferred
· Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Premiere
· Previous teaching, training, or presentation experience*
· Knowledge of, or experience in, the United Nations system*
· UNA-NCA membership
· Access to regular career development workshops and UNA-NCA’s extensive professional network
· Opportunities to work closely with UNA-NCA staff, board members, and volunteers
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and hours of availability to email@example.com and include either “P&M Program Assistant” or “GFP Program Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.