Location: Louisville, KY 40219
Compensation: $20-22.00 Hourly plus benefits
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking an Electronics Repair Technician (ERT) to impact the organization by applying theoretical knowledge to practical applications, detect patterns, use written reference materials and communicate both orally and in writing. This individual evaluates and monitors repair processes and techniques and makes recommendations for process and tooling changes that lead to gains in productivity and quality repairs. Technical guidance is received, as required, from the supervisor or higher level technician.
The Technician reports to the Distribution Supervisor and is responsible for testing and repairing equipment, developing procedures, developing failure analysis reports and helping in the development of Test and Repair Operators (to include audits of TRO’s work). This individual follows detailed instructions covering virtually all procedures while meeting established repair, quality and cosmetic standards. Equipment data is entered into a PC-based database maintaining integrity of customer’s product information. This individual must be able to work within a team environment and demonstrate cooperation within the work group and management. The Supervisor and/or higher level technician will audit the Technician’s work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Uses Component level electronics with ability to read/follow detailed oral and written procedures, detailed schematic diagrams and flow charts
- Uses standard measurements tools and test equipment
- Uses personal computers and learn various software packages
- Demonstrates component level repair capability
- Demonstrates soldering skills
- Researches and resolves product repair/support issues (methods, procedures, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or equivalent military experience
- A+ Certification – Preferred
- Previous experience with electronic repair – Preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and CET – Preferred
§ Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
§ Employer will not sponsor a visa for this or future positions
§ Must be currently located in the same geographic location as the job or willing to relocate yourself
§ Must have an Associate’s Degree in Electronics or equivalent military experience
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.