Position: Alumni Services Intern
Reports to: Alumni Services Manager
Who We Are
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the opportunity gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools and two high-performing elementary schools. We are seeking an Alumni Services Intern to join our network.
Vision and Mission
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
- We hold high academic and behavioral expectations to ensure the growth of every student.
- We engage and grow competent and experienced school leadership and staff.
- We offer a rigorous academic program with intentional student supports and a comprehensive character education program.
- We provide clear standards, research-proven curriculum, and frequent assessment.
- We are a mission-driven school community.
Our Students & Results
- Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
- 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
- USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program. During the 2021-2022 school year, USN will support over 800 alumni.
- USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
- USN serves a diverse student population: 59% Black/African American; 16% White; 14% Multi-Racial; 6% Hispanic and Latino; 1% Asian; 1% American Indian or Alaska Native; 1% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.
USN Alumni Services exists to help support and guide our alumni through high school and post-secondary education and careers. The Alumni Services Intern is a part-time position designed to organize and execute various projects to maintain communication and connections with the USN alumni. The Alumni Services Intern will work on projects that deliver Alumni Services messaging to the alumni community and represent Alumni Services to the public. The Alumni Services Intern is expected to communicate effectively, accurately, and efficiently, as well as have the capability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Collect and enter alumni information and data.
- Create a monthly e-newsletter.
- Maintain website and social media accounts.
- Research college and other postsecondary options.
- Complete general administrative tasks, including making phone calls, creating spreadsheets, organizing and printing materials.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Alumni Services Manager.
Joining Our Team
United Schools Network will consider hiring a part-time Alumni Services Intern who:
- Holds a high school diploma (required).
- Is working toward or holds a postsecondary degree (preferred).
- Capacity to work independently and on multiple projects at the same time.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with alumni and family.
- Openness to feedback, a willingness to take personal responsibility, and the ability to learn from one’s mistakes.
- Personal and professional integrity with willingness to adhere to confidentiality and the OSC Code of Ethics.
- Technological proficiency in Google Suite.
- Adept at navigating the trends and best practices surrounding various social media channels.
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented.
Terms of Employment
This part-time position will begin immediately. Compensation is $15/hour and the Alumni Services Intern will work up to 20 hours per week. Work hours are flexible. United Schools Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.