The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is a nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., focused on proving that better buildings equal better lives. USGBC established the LEED rating system to support this vision. LEED is the most widely used green building program in the world and is helping to transform buildings, communities and cities around the world. Today, people know that if they are in a LEED certified building, they are using fewer natural resources, experiencing a healthier and more comfortable indoor environment, and removing environmental burdens from their community. USGBC focuses on our vision that Healthy people in healthy places equal a healthy economy.
The primary objective of the Intern, Global Market Development will be to provide support for the global market development plan by assisting in the execution of the strategies in the market development playbook. The role consists of a variety of activities focused on identifying market opportunities and building and maintaining customer relationships. Working in a fast‐paced and professional environment, the associate will provide operational support for a broad range of organizational projects and initiatives related to Global Market Development. This position requires a proven ability to self‐manage, prioritize competing demands, and meet short deadlines. Strong research, data analysis, project management and organizational skills as well as high attention to detail are a must. The associate must have an entrepreneurial mindset, be able to collaborate with diverse teams and effectively engage in team dynamics.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the seamless execution of the GMD playbook, including the execution of pre- and post-engagement tasks
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of GBCI’s programs, values and customer base, which includes clients from a variety of sectors, in order to inform and customize strategies for growing market adoption of USGBC & GBCI programs
- Regularly monitoring industry channels within specified sector(s) to generate leads
- Leveraging existing industry knowledge, marketing and sales skills to synthesize data and research into customized offerings for specific clients, markets or sectors in order to better address and meet the needs of existing clients, and inform/evolve strategies that seek to develop new opportunities with prospective clients
- Maintain, update and revise sector and product resources and sales templates
- Work with other members of the team to ensure consistency and the highest possible quality
- Other projects as assigned