Interested in being part of a small founding team, so you can see your direct impact on improving the healthcare industry? Want to be one of the rockstars building an innovative product from the ground up?
As a Data Engineer / Backend Developer, at Validate, you’ll get to play a key role in shaping the delivery of powerful data-driven products that enable sustainable value-based healthcare models.
▪ Leverage scalable data processing tools, open source data science ecosystem and cloud technologies: Python, Anaconda stack (Jupyter Notebook, NumPy, Pandas, Dask, MatPlotLib/Bokeh, SciPy, Scikit-Learn), Postgres, Airflow, TensorFlow, Spark and several AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Redshift) to…
▪ Automate the processing of patient-level healthcare transactions, third party data sources and aggregated public health data
▪ Ingest, transform, cleanse and augment internal and external data assets. Build algorithms for fuzzy matching, de-duplication and rule-based de-identification.
▪ Implement mathematical models using Python data science tools. Generate automated simulations and forecasts of large number of scenarios. Fully indulge your love for math, statistics and logical problem solving.
▪ Generate insightful and innovative visualizations and output reports that tell a “data story” and support your findings.
▪ Perform data modeling and performance optimization on relational databases. Write SQL for defining database objects and performing manipulations.
▪ Continuously learn by investigating and adopting new technologies. We love to experiment with cool technologies!
The right candidates brings aptitude, attitude, curiosity and grit that’s shines in a startup environment. If you’re more into an established corporate environment, this is not the role for you.
The ideal candidate would have:
▪ Computer Science degree from top tier program (may be combined with Mathematics, Computer Programing, Statistics, Engineering, Data Science, etc.)
▪ A history of accomplishments in software development
▪ Strong aptitude for the following subject areas and ideally a demonstrated portfolio of relevant projects:
— Python language and libraries (Knowledge of additional languages beneficial.)
— SQL and relational database concepts
— Linux command line and shell utilities
— Mathematics, statistics and data science concepts
▪ Understanding of scalable application development, object oriented development and test driven development is beneficial, but not required.
▪ Desire to be an expert in the healthcare industry is a strong plus.
- Remote first culture
- Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment
- Opportunity for continuous learning and experimentation through daily team whiteboard sessions
- Encouragement of personal projects
- Stock options
- Salary that grows with the company
- Health coverage
*We are currently only accepting candidates based in the US / North America and available for immediate full-time employment.*
- Send in your latest resume to careers+Handshake@ValidateHealth.com.
- Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Please include links to LinkedIn and GitHub if applicable, and any other links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as publications, blog or portfolio.
- Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements.
- Indicate that you’re willing to take an aptitude test.
- Add “Data Engineer via Handshake” to the subject line.