Interested in being part of a small founding team, so you can see your direct impact on improving the healthcare industry? Want to be one of the rock stars building an innovative product from the ground up?
As a Statistician / Data Scientist at Validate, you would be at the forefront of enabling new value based healthcare models and deliver constantly evolving analytics services to the industry. You’ll have an excellent opportunity for professional growth in the fields of healthcare economics, quantitative analytics and related technologies.
▪ Perform in scenario modeling, forecasting and simulations on large datasets. Work on challenging problems in pricing, reserving and risk quantifications of commercial and government value based healthcare models.
▪ Learn and apply rules and regulation around government healthcare programs, like Medicare and Medicaid. Learn and apply models for commercial programs and contracts.
▪ Use modern programming languages (such as R, Python, SAS, SQL) to work with large datasets to automate regulatory, economic and actuarial modeling. Gather and analyze large medical claims, public health datasets and financial data.
▪ Participate in implementation, maintenance and analysis of models, forecasts, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving and forecasting.
▪ Develop written and oral presentations that provide basic information for decision making. Participate in defining features and capabilities of analytical products.
▪ Continuously learn by experimenting with statistical models and investigating scalable data science technologies.
▪ BS or MS in Statistics from a top 20 university statistics program.
▪ History of exceptional academic accomplishments or a portfolio of projects in statistics and relevant technologies.
▪ Desire to be an expert in healthcare economics and passionate about making an impact in this field.
▪ Must be willing to try a fun “challenge” early in the interview process to help us understand your level of proficiency. We give you a handful of the problems like those we enjoy solving every day. It may cover statistics, actuarial topics (if relevant) and related technologies (such as Python, R and SQL).
- Remote first culture
- Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment
- Opportunity for continuous learning and experimentation through daily team whiteboard sessions
- Encouragement of personal projects
- Stock options
- Salary that grows with the company
- Health coverage
We are currently only accepting candidates based in the US / North America and available for immediate full-time employment.
- Send in your latest resume to careers+Handshake@ValidateHealth.com.
- Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Please include links to LinkedIn and GitHub if applicable, and any other links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as publications, blog or portfolio.
- Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements.
- Indicate that you’re willing to take an aptitude test.
- Add “Statistician via Handshake” to the subject line.