Vecna Robotics seeks a Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist. This role serves as the first escalation point within the Network Operations Center (NOC). Technical issues that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 support staff escalate these issues to a Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist. The ideal candidate is a team-oriented individual who loves troubleshooting, performing root cause analysis, and with experience providing great customer service.
This is a full-time, salaried role and you must be able to work a “12 hour” shift on a 3/2 rotating shift schedule. Example shift: Work 7am to 7pm for 3 days, then your off for 2 days, then work 2 days, and take 3 days off. This schedule will include working 2 weekends per month.
In this role you will:
- First escalation point for escalated issues.
- Create tickets and provide detailed observations and updates on reported issues.
- Engage in evaluating the remote assist tools and determine areas of improvement.
- Provide product training to Tier 1 Robotics Technical Support Specialists and act as a mentor to NOC members.
- Responsible for resolving issues and understanding when to escalate technical issues to Tier 3 Support Engineers.
- Review customer tickets and follow up with cross functional team members to achieve resolution.
- Act as a back–up for Tier 1 Robotics Technical Support Specialists.
- Monitor robots to assist with robot navigation utilizing remote control tools when required.
- Ensure customer issues receive immediate response and fall within established timeframes.
- Provide a daily status report on robot operations.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of an associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in providing call center technical support.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) or a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent written, verbal and communications, as well as strong listening skills.
- Previous experience in externally facing customer service skills.
- Experienced in managing multiple priorities and knowing when to escalate as necessary.
- Strong understanding for urgency to ensure customers are kept informed when issues arise.
- Exhibit strong reasoning abilities by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establish facts, and drawing valid conclusions to effectively resolve problems.
- Act as a senior staff team member that best represent Vecna Robotics to provide exceptional customer service.
- Must have basic knowledge various Microsoft Windows Operating systems, MS SQL database, LAN/WAN Networking, and IT Network Operations experience.
- Ability to follow technical instructions to troubleshoot complex issues and determine root cause.
About Vecna Robotics:
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous, material handling robots for the warehouse and supply industry. Our technology is designed to integrate seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible bulk transportation and fulfillment in a dynamic environment. As we become a leading producer of these collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and can approach those challenges from the customer point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, and learning.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.