Position: Data Scientist Intern (REMOTE)
Reports to: CTO
Are you passionate about exploring where, how, and why data can drive business decisions? Interested in how organizations use analytics and data to innovate, grow and transform? Driven to help establish, define, and evangelize how data science can help drive a strategy?
Vee inspires people to align on Purpose so they can unlock their individual and collective human potential. We are an early stage startup poised for dramatic growth. We specialize in developing ways to drive greater strategic alignment to unlock enterprise innovation and growth. After spending considerable time exploring the need for better alignment models across diverse organizations, we have developed a framework and methodology based on insights from extensive research. We are building products to assess gaps and are offering our consulting services to help 21st century leaders develop and implement their organizational and people strategies, along with the capabilities required to operationalize their Purpose as they transform.
Join our fast-growing team! You will help drive intelligent, insightful, and predictive business results to help Vee and Vee’s clients drive value in the realms of people, purpose, and performance. You will help build Vee’s data capability and data strategy.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Learn and code AWS serverless solutions in Python
- Explore data to bring newly discovered insights to Vee business stakeholders
- Visualize insights in Power BI
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, People Science, UX, business partners, and Chief Technology Officer to devise innovative and forward-thinking solutions for our clients’ needs
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders at Vee
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimize joint efforts between Data Engineering, business partners, UX, and People Science teams at Vee to drive business results
Core Experience & Requirements
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Applied math, Data Science, or a related field
- Practical experience with multiple statistical languages (SAS, R, Pandas), data processing, database programming, and data analytics
- Solid background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and R
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Strong collaboration skills – you partner well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working with key stakeholders to drive business results
Purpose is what drives you. Your passion for your work has led you here. You are ready to combine your experience with ours to help our client companies gain competitive advantage. You bring strong creative thinking skills in addition to superior communication skills, allowing you to develop creative solutions for any challenge that comes your way.
- Love what you do, love to be busy, and love to produce by being organized and methodical
- Work with a sense of urgency and have a strong drive for results
- Have the resilience and agility to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as collaboratively to stretch thinking into creative solutions
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are excited about and suited for a startup, where you’ll be wearing a few hats
- Are smart and fun with an empathetic nature, which will add to our culture
Our founders and team have deep expertise in branding, innovation, design, I/O psychology, organization design, digital & data product development, enterprise software and application development complemented by experience with clients ranging from emerging Silicon Valley unicorns to established leaders in government and the public and private sectors including American Express, Bank of America, BMW, Box, HP, Lowe’s, Mastercard, Microsoft, Nissan, Pepsico, Procter & Gamble, SAP and The Clorox Company, among others. For more information, check out our website in transition at https://www.letsvee.com/.