Position: NLP ML Engineer Intern (REMOTE)
Reports to: CTO
Are you passionate about exploring where, how, and why data can drive business decisions? Interested in how organizations machine leaning and NLP to innovate, grow and transform? Driven to help establish, define, and evangelize how AI can help drive a strategy?
Vee inspires people to align on Purpose so they can unlock their individual and collective human potential. We are an early stage startup poised for dramatic growth. We specialize in developing ways to drive greater strategic alignment to unlock enterprise innovation and growth. After spending considerable time exploring the need for better alignment models across diverse organizations, we have developed a framework and methodology based on insights from extensive research. We are building products to assess gaps and are offering our consulting services to help 21st century leaders develop and implement their organizational and people strategies, along with the capabilities required to operationalize their Purpose as they transform.
Join our fast-growing team! You will apply your Machine Learning expertise in Natural Language Processing to help design, develop, train, and implement a Recommendation System that will drive intelligent, insightful, and predictive business results to help Vee drive value in the realms of people, purpose, and performance.
- Design and execute Natural Language Processing experiments to help advance Vee’s strategy by building a Recommendation System
- Experiment with different state of the art machine learning and deep learning models to remove uncertainty and define the overall process
- Research and run topic analysis on targeted content
- Scrape targeted content from social media and open Web sources
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, People Science, business partners, and Chief Technology Officer to create robust NLP pipelines using AWS S3, SageMaker, and Comprehend
- Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders at Vee
Core Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s, Masters, or PhD degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, or a related field
- Previous experience running NLP projects, ideally in a corporate or startup context
- Solid background in data mining and statistical analysis
- High proficiency in Python
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI)
- Strong collaboration skills – you partner well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working with key stakeholders to drive business results
Purpose is what drives you. Your passion for your work has led you here. You are ready to combine your experience with ours to help our client companies gain competitive advantage. You bring strong creative thinking skills in addition to superior communication skills, allowing you to develop creative solutions for any challenge that comes your way.
- Love what you do, love to be busy, and love to produce by being organized and methodical
- Work with a sense of urgency and have a strong drive for results
- Have the resilience and agility to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as collaboratively to stretch thinking into creative solutions
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Are excited about and suited for a startup, where you’ll be wearing a few hats
- Are smart and fun with an empathetic nature, which will add to our culture
Our founders and team have deep expertise in branding, innovation, design, I/O psychology, organization design, digital & data product development, enterprise software and application development complemented by experience with clients ranging from emerging Silicon Valley unicorns to established leaders in government and the public and private sectors including American Express, Bank of America, BMW, Box, HP, Lowe’s, Mastercard, Microsoft, Nissan, Pepsico, Procter & Gamble, SAP and The Clorox Company, among others. For more information, check out our website in transition at https://www.letsvee.com/.