Venture Trailers is seeking a qualified engineering intern candidate with a desire to learn practical, hands-on mechanical design and creation. Ideal candidates will be able to apply conceptual mechanical knowledge to the development of real solutions, as well as updating existing procedures and products to be stronger, more efficient, and cost effective. Projects for an intern will be assigned based on priority and intern’s aptitude.
Essential Duties May Include:
– Learn about the marine industry and the wide catalogue of boats, engines, and companies involved.
– Create and modify detailed 3D models in Solidworks, as well as produce drawings for internal and external use
– Validate prototype parts and assemblies by physically building them, including documenting and validating samples from part vendors
– Program and test brand new CNC milling machine for catalogue of aluminum ibeams, steel rails, small parts
– Work independently on small projects with periodic oversight and updates from manufacturing engineer
– Document project progress and solutions to design issues or stoppage as they arise
– Assist Manufacturing engineer with any high priority tasks as well as the creation and revision of Bill of Materials for trailer assemblies
– General engineering design and support
– Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program as a rising junior or senior
– 6 months or more of Solidworks Experience
– Finite Element Analysis skills preferred
– Independently Motivated and Organized
– Strong Interpersonal Communication and Comprehension Skills
– Desire to Work Cooperatively in Small Teams
– Ability to work full-time during defined internship period
– Microsoft Office Experience
– Ability to Lift Up to 50 lbs. for Prototyping
– A Great Attitude!
Please respond to this internship posting or send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more than 30 years Venture Trailers has been a local, family owned and operated, boat trailer manufacturer with over 600 dealers nationwide. Our company is quickly expanding and is in need of highly motived individuals to help us continue to grow and maintain the exceptional service our customers deserve. Apply online and let your career start at Venture!
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.