About this Job
A career with Versum Materials/Intermolecular/EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical characterization and device understanding to develop electronic device solutions. The candidate must have demonstrated hands-on experience in device integration and electrical/physical characterization of semiconductor devices. Problem solving attitude and strong teamwork skills are required for the development of leading-edge solutions in collaborative development partnerships.
· Electrically characterize semiconductor devices.
· Use device operation and optimization understanding to design and execute experiments to meet customer device specification.
· Help in building physical understanding to explain device/stack properties.
· Manage data pipelines and databases, including data cleaning and mining.
· Help developing predictive models using Machine Learning to understand the underlying effects caused by semiconductor processing in the physical and electrical response of electronic devices.
· Work closely with other process, integration, materials, and hardware engineers to execute on development activities
Who You Are:
· PhD in electrical engineering, semiconductor physics or material science.
· Proficiency in electrical test tools, scripting of measurements, and data processing.
· In-depth knowledge of standard electrical test methods (e.g. DC-IV, AC-IV and C-V techniques)
· In-depth knowledge of device physics (e.g. CMOS, FLASH and emerging non-volatile memory technologies)
· Familiarity with coding language (e.g. C++, HTML, Python, LabVIEW) and software for data analysis/simulation (e.g. MATLAB, JMP, Ginestra)
· Self-motivated, excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience in customer interaction is a plus.
· Ability to work in clean room environment
· Operate electrical and/or physical characterization equipment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.