The Intern-Electrical Engineer researches, develops, designs, tests, and evaluates electrical components, equipment, and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering for use in applicable products and systems to reduce cost in new and legacy products.
· Maintains the approved parts list and selects alternate sources of supply. Generates specifications for all new component parts and authorizes ECNs written against specifications
· Coordinates failure analysis and corrective activities on component parts
· Responsible for processing component substitution requests and component obsolescence replacements.
· Participates in component qualification and design verification testing
· Identifies cost reduction opportunities and calculates estimated savings potential
· Develops changes to reduce cost through elimination of material or components or to adapt an alternate component to the design
· Estimate cost and effort to support e-sourcing events and subsequent component qualification
· Provide daily support to engineering work groups.
· Participate in product conceptions, design reviews and product approvals along with determining procedures for component qualification testing
· Frequent communication with outsourced Engineering services groups including drafting and component specialists.
· Interaction with outside vendors and suppliers as needed.