Join our engineering team! Veryst Engineering is seeking a full-time engineer who will have responsibilities in electromagnetic simulation and analysis. Knowledge of structural mechanics, fluid flow, heat transfer, mass transfer, optics and/or acoustics is a plus. Additional important responsibilities include engineering analysis, design recommendations, project management, report writing and presentation preparation, document review and summarizing, and business development and marketing of technical services.
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or a physical science with six months or more experience in modeling low frequency electromagnetic applications based on numerical methods, such as the finite element method, FDTD, MoM, or similar.
- Strong background in computational electromagnetics, Maxwell’s equations, and numerical methods with demonstrated modeling experience in one or more of the following applications: transformers, motors, generators, coils, capacitive, resistive or inductive systems, permanent magnets/electromagnets, EMI/EMC. Flexibility to apply these skills across a range of application areas.
- High frequency electromagnetics experience and/or full field optical simulations would be valued.
- Strong academic record and references.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with COMSOL Multiphysics, ANSYS Maxwell, or HFSS.
- Engaging verbal/written communication skills and ability to interact comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers on a range of projects that require a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical content well, including ability to prepare presentations, reports, and publications that clearly communicate complex ideas, designs, and results.
- Ability to work well both self-directed and within a team.
Experience in any of the following is useful:
- Courses taken in computational electromagnetics, partial differential equations etc. are desirable
- Experience or courses taken in heat/mass transfer, fluid mechanics, acoustics, and structural mechanics are desirable – as is any multi-physics simulation experience
- Experience in any of the following industries:
- Medical Devices
- Consumer Products
- High Performance Computing