Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
This team typically works out of the Carlsbad office location. If you are offered a full-time opportunity after the internship concludes, you may be required to relocate in the future. Please consider your interest in this location for future opportunities when you apply.
Flexibility to work among different project teams dedicated to:
- Machine learning algorithms for object classification, object tracking and action detection
- Data engineering and data science for machine learning applications
- Answering problems with full-stack, cloud, machine learning, etc.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or higher in Data Science, Applied Math, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering and/or a related field
- Previous experience using Python, R, Statistics, Bayesian inference, or NLP
- Excellent understanding of several statistical and machine learning models
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Previous internship experience
- Previous experience developing software applications
- Experience with Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Graph analysis, Metamodeling, Geospatial & Temporal Analysis experience
- Experience with or desire to learn Linux
- Experience developing in cloud computing environments