One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
At Viasat, you’ll work with top technical talent who can help you bridge the gap from theory to designing, building, and operating software that enables the world’s fastest broadband satellites to deliver services across the globe. You will help enable communication and entertainment everywhere from airplanes to remote communities.
We are looking for motivated and conscientious software engineers to design and prototype cutting edge satellite resource allocation algorithms for our next-gen satellite constellation.
You will use your computer science knowledge to design and implement novel software architectures that set the standard for future systems. You will be a member of an interdisciplinary engineering team including specialists in the fields of optimization, scheduler design, software development, communication theory, and satellite systems.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency coding in Python
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
- Previous software development internship
- Experience developing simulation frameworks
- Coursework in optimization or related field
- Coursework in networking fundamentals or scheduler design
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!