View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change. We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Facebook, Walmart, Overstock.com, Kaiser, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
At View, Business Development Manager owns the development & execution of account/regional strategies that support View’s growth in their vertical. Your responsibilities will include market research, increasing brand awareness, showcasing relevant product benefits, and developing meaningful partnerships and alliances with industry influencers and thought leaders.
In this role, you will partner with View’s Regional Sales team to close on-going sales opportunities and identify and develop new sales opportunities. You will develop the content expertise, relationships, record of successful wins, and public profile to be considered a thought leader in your vertical by both customers and internal View employees (executives, sales managers).
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Go-to-market strategy and execution plan – grow the business by increasing number of significant wins and market share (%) at target accounts.
- Refine and articulate View’s value proposition – work with product marketing, product management and technology to create market-specific collateral.
- Build brand awareness and thought leadership – Develop and execute communication strategy, including high-quality presentations for industry events/conferences, blog posts, and trade publications.
- Drive revenue and growth – Identify, source, and develop high-value opportunities to feed into the sales funnel. Partner with sales team to win business.
- Negotiate long term partnerships – Cultivate relationships with industry leaders and executives to create champions. Identify customer needs and work with product team to drive features needed to build deal portfolio.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills to interface with C-level executives, industry partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships from CxO to mid-level managers, navigate complex organizations and the aptitude to proactively identify and resolve roadblocks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hyper growth environment with a strong desire to win.
- Exhibits all-in mentality. Relentless and self-driven with a blend of strategic and execution skills and a bias for measurable results.
- Has a growth mindset, and the desire and humility needed to learn continuously.
- Excited by the opportunity to bring about change and challenge the status quo.
- Can work with other disciplines and understands what it means to succeed as a team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to thrive in high pressure situations.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 0-5 years of business development and solution selling experience.
- Familiarity with commercial construction / real estate / architectural specification is a plus but not required.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.