View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change. We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in so doing, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds to increase access to natural light and views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings are 20% more energy-efficient, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Companies around the world—including Google, Netflix, Facebook, Walmart, Overstock.com, Kaiser, and countless others—have already designed our products into 75M square feet of buildings. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Obsessed
- Drive for Excellence
- Always Learn
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
View is seeking a recent college graduate for employment in its first high-volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. The new facility will produce revolutionary electrochromic insulated glass units for use in commercial and residential windows.
The successful candidate will assist in producing automation engineering designs and modifications by identifying project objectives and issues; researching and developing automation engineering concepts and techniques; verifying and validating plans; supporting project implementation. The candidate will also assist in determining automation engineering design issues by evaluating current automation equipment and new concepts; studying project objectives; analyzing production requirements; evaluating similar and related automation applications, information technology systems and engineering and mechanical processes; identifying and establishing performance standards.
Responsibilities include process control system design, control panel engineering, SCADA, PLC and HMI programming, start-up support of integrated control systems.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in electrical design, programming and troubleshooting of process equipment. Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, Micrologix) PLCs, Panel View HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks and control panel design is also required. Experience with Siemens or Mitsubishi PLCs a plus
- Experience with E-Plan, Factory Talk SE, Wonderware, Visual Basic, Servos, and Vision applications is a plus.
- Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors. Candidate should also be self-motivated and capable of working in a project team environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC’s
- Electrical wiring, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience / knowledge of Factory Talk View Site Edition
- Experience around general engineering documentation practices
- Preferred skills include experience with Wonderware/Aveva Systems Platform, InTouch Applications, E-Plan, and SQL Scripting
Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer